- Q: What does the award consist of?
- A: Generally a laptop computer, a printer and other accessories are included. One computer is awarded annually.
- Q: Who can apply?
- A: Eagle Scouts from the WD Boyce Council that are pursuing higher education. Generally High School Seniors, but you can be already attending college or trade school.
- Q: What are the criteria?
- A: The award is based on the Scout’s scholarship, service to his community, and financial need.
- Q: When is the application due?
- A: APRIL 1st
- Q: When and how will I be notified?
- A: Scouts selected to receive the computer award will receive a phone call and USPS verification in early May. Scouts not selected will receive a letter in the mail.
- Q: Who reviews my application?
- A: Applications are reviewed by the Trustees of the Matthew T Stevenson Scholarship Trust. They are objectively reviewed and compared against the stated award criteria.
- Q: How long has the award been in existence?
- A: The first computer was awarded in 2003, and has been sustained annually since.
- Q: How can I help?
- A: The Matthew T Stevenson Scholarship Trust funds each award. This is a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit organization. Your tax-deductible contributions may be mailed to:
Benjamin F Edwards
Attn: Art Laine
5832 North Knoxville Avenue
Peoria, IL 61614
Checks should be made out to: Matthew T Stevenson Scholarship Trust
Please include your name and address so that we can mail your tax deduction statement. We will NOT share your personal information with anyone.